FFC is committed to the health and safety of our members and staff. As flu season continues into March and the CDC provides more information about COVID-19, we want to make you aware of the actions we are taking at the clubs to prevent the spread of disease and how you can help.
Here’s what FFC is doing to prevent the spread of disease:
- In addition to stocking up on disinfecting gym wipes, we have ramped up our cleaning routines. We are doubling our efforts with our high touch-point areas, from dumbbells and locker handles to doors and drinking fountains.
- We are encouraging our members to be more attentive to the courtesy of wiping down equipment with disinfecting gym wipes, an act that is now a precautionary measure to minimize bacteria on the non-porous, hard surfaces.
Additional FFC Cleaning & Safety Efforts:
- From Saturday, March 14 – Friday, March 20, all 11 of our club locations will go through a proactive, overnight deep cleaning process. This is being facilitated through an outside, 3rd party professional cleaning vendor, using a using a hospital grade disinfectant recommended by the CDC. Operating hours will not be affected.
- Cleaning sweeps for high touch areas of the clubs are happening at least once an hour at all clubs, this includes surfaces like door handles, hand railings, drinking fountains, keypads, and dumbbells to mention a few.
- We have secured large quantities of disinfecting wipes and quaternary cleaning supplies to prevent supply chain interruption.
- As a reminder, several weeks ago we implemented hands-free check in at all club locations.
- The FFC leadership team, which includes every general manager and members of our corporate staff, is meeting daily to discuss and implement additional efforts to keep everyone safe and healthy.
While you are at FFC, here are some actions you can take to prevent the spread of disease:
- Use the disinfecting gym wipes on all equipment surfaces, please don’t use your towels. We ask you to use the wipes generously and diligently, and these can be used to disinfect your hands as well!
- Notify club staff of any empty disinfecting gym wipe dispensers and soap dispensers.
- We are in the process of adding the disinfecting gym wipes to even more areas of club, including the locker rooms, we encourage you to use them generously and diligently.
- Consider working out at off-peak times when possible. Those times are between 9 AM – 11 AM, 1 PM – 4 PM, and after 8 PM during the week, and after 2 PM on the weekends.
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- Consider placing a towel between you and the equipment you are using in the club.
- Consider practicing social distancing, leaving 3 – 5 feet between you and another person, when using cardio equipment, on the fitness floor, and while in group fitness classes.
Additionally, the CDC lists these everyday actions to follow to remain healthy:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid social physical contact, like handshakes and hugs
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home from work, school and all activities when you are sick, except to get medical care
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects daily using a regular household detergent and water
For more information, please visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Our goal is to ensure members and employees alike remain confident in our clubs during these challenging circumstances. Club cleanliness is top-of-mind at all times. Please know that everyone’s health is a priority in everything that we do, as Safety is one of FFC’s Core Values!
We are confident that our clubs are safe and will continue to operate as normal.