A Message From The Founder and CEO
Clean. Safe. Spacious. Welcome Back to FFC!
Safety has always been one of our five Core Values (Safety, Superior Service, Friendliness, Integrity, and Improvement). Safety is more important now than ever and will be paramount in garnering your confidence as we move forward. We get one chance to make a great first impression, and we don’t take that responsibility lightly.
These FitSafe guidelines are designed to keep our staff and their families, our members and their families, and each of our surrounding communities as safe as possible. This framework has been established in conjunction with the Restore Illinois plans, most specifically, Phase V. Please pay close attention to the FitPledge, which we are asking both team and members alike to abide by.
On behalf of the entire FFC Team, we look forward to working together to keep FFC a FitSafe and FitClean network of clubs. Thank you for your understanding, support and continued patronage during this extraordinary time!
CEO and Founder
Fitness Formula Clubs
Watch Both Of Our Welcome Back Videos!
Our number one goal is to keep our clubs FitClean and FitSafe. To do this, we need your help. The FitPledge is designed to clearly lay out our expectations for our staff and members. Together, we can limit the spread of COVID-19 and keep our community safe.
Social Responsibility Agreement
We have emailed out a Social Responsibility Agreement for you to review and sign. ***Members must sign this agreement digitally, through the email link sent, prior to your first visit/use of any FFC location. Thanks in advance for your prompt attention to this agreement.
General Member Guidelines
- Small cleaning spray bottles filled with our Clean Quick Solution are available for you to use to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Alternately, you are welcome to use the disinfecting gym wipes on all equipment surfaces before and after use. These can be used to disinfect your hands as well.
- Wash hands at the beginning and end of your visit and after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or touching your face.
- If you have a cough, fever or symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend the club until these symptoms have subsided.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the club for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
- If you don’t feel well or have any concerns about coming to the club, please stay home and stay safe.
- Wearing masks: Safety is more important now than ever, and we are following all City, State and CDC mandates regarding face coverings at our locations.
FitClean Technology, Tools and Ventilation
- The FFC FitClean Guideline: All staff, regardless of position, are responsible for cleaning. First, members will clean their equipment/areas used with disinfecting wipes, then staff provide a secondary disinfection with Clean Quick solution.
- We will expand our daily cleaning protocols to include a detailed, periodic sanitation schedule, inclusive of post-closing procedures. Particular attention will be paid to high touch contact points.
- This expectation extends to our facilities and equipment, with cutting edge housekeeping technologies and tools.
- Click the link below to learn more about our new technologies and tools, like: airphx, which continually sanitizes the air at all FFC Locations, Clean Quick, our cleaning solution, and Matsana, which sanitizes our yoga mats.
Superior Ventilation & Air Quality
- Chicago’s building code for mechanical ventilation in various commercial spaces is measured by minimum cubic feet per minute (CFM). Here are some common CFM code specs: Fitness Centers: 20; Retail, Restaurants & Bars: 7.5; Offices and Place of Worship: 5. All 10 FFC locations has at least 4 times the ventilation of offices and churches, and 2.7 times more than retail, bars and restaurants.
- Air vents at all club locations are monitored and cleaned monthly.
- Air filters for all HVAC units are monitored monthly and replaced every 90 days.
- In addition to all of the above, All 10 FFC locations have multiple airPHX units. This technology provides continual coverage against bacteria and viruses, generating sanitizing air. airPHX units consistently result in 95.6% to 98.2% fewer airborne germs and 92% fewer surface germs.
FitSafe Guidelines By Area
Universal Guidelines for All Areas of the Club
- Members and staff will together follow the FFC FitClean Guidelines.
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer stations will be visible, labeled and available throughout all fitness areas.
- All personal items (gym bags, coats, shoes, etc) must be kept in a daily locker during your workout.
Occupancy Trackers and Club Limits
- Club operating hours will initially be reduced and may vary by location.
- Guests of members are allowed. Scheduled appointments for tours will be allowed.
Front Desk: Member Arrival and Circulation
- Upon arrival, your reservation will be secured for you. You will have access to hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies at this time.
- A protective screen may separate you from our staff at the check-in desk and other transaction points in the club.
Cardio and Strength: DIY Fitness Areas
- Select equipment may be decommissioned to allow for social distancing for those who are not fully vaccinated.
- FFC staff will be readily visible in all fitness areas, providing periodic cleaning.
- Eucalyptus towels may not be available.
- Basketball courts are now available for 5 vs. 5 pick-up games. Advanced registration is required in the main FFC app.
- Basketballs will be kept at the front desk for check out for individual shoot arounds, in exchange for a member photo ID. Basketballs will be sanitized by staff after each use.
- Please keep in mind that courts may be repurposed from time to time for alternative uses.
Signature Group Fitness Studios
In all studio spaces, the following common protocols will be followed:
- Government guidelines may limit class sizes, and reservations are required using the FFC app.
- Advance reservations must be made to attend any group fitness class via the CLASSES section of the main FFC app.
- Basketball courts may be used to accommodate optimum spacing and class size.
- Class schedules will be reduced so that housekeeping can complete thorough disinfection between sessions. We will allow a minimum of 30 minutes between classes.
- Group Fitness instructors will not provide hands-on assistance or adjustments.
- All FFC yoga mats will be sanitized by the Matsana UV-C light system before and after each session.
- Please be advised that if you do not cancel and do not show up to a class you have reserved, you may be assessed a $20 no-show fee.
HIIT Corner (Boxing)
The following protocols will be followed:
- Members must bring their own boxing gloves or practice shadow boxing; no communal gloves will be available.
Personal Training, Small Group Training, Pilates
- Personal training will resume.
- Spotting, hands on assists or stretching will be reduced to only when absolutely necessary for the needs of the client, and upon member consent.
- Trainers will wash or sanitize their hands prior to all PT sessions.
- Pilates reformer machines may be selectively available to allow for safe social distancing.
Pool, Steam, Sauna and Whirlpool Facilities
Our swimming pool facilities (indoor and outdoor) have been reopened in the context of relevant government and health authority guidance and best practices under the following protocols:
- Pools are now open for lap swimming.
- For indoor lap swimming, you must reserve a lane to swim via the BOOKING section of the main FFC app. The reservation system will be active 24 hours in advance. For example, for Wednesday, July 1, the reservation system will be active on Tuesday, June 30.
- Children are allowed in the pool during Family Hours only. Availability varies by club.
- Private, semi-private and group swim lessons have resumed. HydroFIT classes have also resumed.
- All whirlpools, saunas and steam rooms are open.
- Selective lockers may be locked to maximize safe social distancing.
- Certain communal amenities may be removed. As phases evolve, amenities will be reincorporated and assessed continually.
- Frequent sanitization of all shared surfaces, including showers, sinks, toilets, lockers and countertops.
- Laundry service will continue, but all clothes will not removed from the laundry bag. We will discontinue folding.
Local’84 Cafes and Retail
- All food service facilities will be reduced to grab-and-go beverages and pre-packaged food.
- Staff will wear PPE while preparing food, cleaning food areas and in any member-facing function.
- Pay points may have a plexiglass barrier between staff and members. All sales will be cashless transactions.
- Pay points and counters will be wiped with disinfectant after each use.
- All shared condiments, cups, and amenities (e.g. coffee, water) will be removed.
- Therapeutic massage services are currently available at all clubs.
- Appointments are required and can be made via the Booking section of the FFC app.
- Upon arrival, clients can check in for spa appointments at the front desk of the club.
- At check-in, clients will be required to pass a temperature check and sign a Social Responsibility Agreement on their first visit back.
- All clients will be asked to fill out an intake form before their service that includes the following questions:
- Have you had a fever of 100ºF or above, sore throat, cough or any other flu like symptoms in the last 24 hours?
- Have you been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you traveled to a state with a high COVID infection rate within the last two weeks (state designated “hotspots”)?
- Ortanic Airbrush Tanning is available at FFC Gold Coast.
- Robes, slippers and water are not available at this time.
Kids Club availability varies by club. Please check your club location specifically at ffc.com/club-locations.
Advance reservations are required for all Kids Club use via the BOOKING section of the main FFC app. Kids must remain masked at the Kids Club.