History, Leadership and Innovation
Fitness Formula, Ltd. began in 1984 when founder Gale Landers had a dream to start a company with the goal of developing, owning and managing premier Chicago fitness centers.
The company’s leadership has brought success and now:
- Our network of urban and suburban health and fitness clubs operate under the brand name of Fitness Formula Clubs.
- Offers member reciprocity program for its network of regional locations.
- Is Chicagoland’s largest privately owned reciprocal usage provider of health, fitness and wellness facilities.
- Employs more than 900 experienced and dedicated staff.
- Has established partnership and medical sub-tenant affiliate relationships with Chicago’s leading hospitals and physical therapy providers:
- Rush-Presbyterian St. Lukes Medical Center
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- NovaCare Physical Therapy
- Gale Landers, Founder & CEO of Fitness Formula is a past President of the Board of Directors of the International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association (IHRSA) and an active industry leader.
Our Mission is to build, own, and operate great clubs and deliver outstanding results.
Our clubs share a common vision of excellence designed to provide individualized member results, valued career paths for our staff and strong financial returns to our investors.