Personal Trainer Certification Program
Fitness Formula Clubs (FFC) is now enrolling students for the Personal Trainer Certification Program.
FFC has teamed up with the American Council on Exercise (ACE) to provide a 32-hour Personal Trainer Program. Based on the ACE Personal Trainer Manual, this course hosted by FFC and will help participants master the necessary information and theories of exercise science for personal training and prepare participants for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification exam. Many organizations require a NCCA-accredited fitness certification like ACE for job placement or to be completed within a set time period after employment. Add to your credibility and marketability today!
This course presents a comprehensive system for designing individualized programs based on each client's unique health, fitness, and goals. The information covered by this course will help students learn how to facilitate rapport, adherence, self-efficacy and behavior change in clients, as well as design programs that help clients to improve posture, movement, flexibility, balance, core function, cardio-respiratory fitness, and muscular endurance and strength.
Key topic areas include:
- Human Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Applied Kinesiology, and Nutrition
- Principles of Adherence, Motivation, Behavior Change, and Health Psychology
- Communication and Teaching Techniques
- ACE Integrated Fitness Training (ACE IFT) Model
- Building Rapport
- Health and Exercise History Information Assessment
- Functional Training: Assessments, Programming, and Progressions for Posture, Movement, Core, Balance, and Flexibility
- Physiological Assessments
- Resistance Training: Programming and Progressions
- Cardio-respiratory Training: Programming and Progressions
- Professional and Legal Responsibilities, Scope of Practice, and Business Strategies for Personal Trainers
- Special Exercise Programming Topics: Mind-body Exercise, Special Populations, and Exercise Implications of Common Musculoskeletal Injuries
FFC Union Station
444 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60606
Fridays starting June 7 - August 2, 2013
No class on July 5
FFC Oak Park
1114 W. Lake St.
Oak Park, IL 60301
Saturdays starting June 8 - August 3, 2013
No Class on July 6
- 32-hours of Classroom Instruction
- Observation Hours
- Practical Training Experience
- Complimentary Membership during the Program
- ACE Personal Trainer Set
- Study Guide
- Sample Test
- ACE Exam Voucher
Upon completion of the FFC Personal Trainer Certification Program, participants can interview for a position as a Personal Trainer with FFC. Proof of successful passing grade on the ACE Personal Training Certification exam is required for all hired Personal Trainers within three months of hire date.