Updated: June 3, 2020
When Will You Be Reopening?
Unfortunately, it is not economically feasible for FFC to re-open in “Phase 3” at all as it’s so narrowly defined by the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago.
Since the temporary mandated shutdown began in mid-March, I have been in constant communication with various task forces, consultants, and government officials for the State of Illinois and City of Chicago on establishing an alternate plan to more fully open our facilities at an earlier date to no avail.
At this point, the current guidelines and protocols to reopen our clubs only make it feasible to do so when the state and/or city enters “Phase 4”.
Did FFC bill me on April, May 1 or June 1?
To be clear - your membership has been put on freeze at no cost as of the day the clubs were temporarily closed. No further action is required. As you have already paid March dues, you will receive a dues credit on your membership account for the period of time that the club is temporarily closed.
Your membership dues will not be withdrawn again until your club re-opens. On the day we re-open your club, your membership dues will be charged prorata for the remaining days of the month, and your March membership dues credit will be applied.
Although members will not be billed for April membership dues, any non-dues charges, meaning any house account charges, that were billed to your account in March, will be debited against a membership dues credit for the period of time from March 17 – March 31.
Updated: March 27,2020
Will I be charged monthly dues while the club is temporarily closed?
- Your membership has been put on freeze at no cost as of the day the club closed. No further action is required. Any existing freezes will be honored as requested.
- All memberships that had provided access to the clubs will receive a prorated dues credit for the period of time that the club is temporarily closed.
- The March membership dues credit, which includes any sub members, Kids Club dues and the like, will be applied on the date the club reopens. Although members will not be billed for April membership dues, any non-dues charges, meaning any house account charges, that were billed to your account in March, will be debited against the membership dues credit for the period of time from March 17 – March 31.
- When the club reopens, the appropriate prorated dues will be assessed after the club re-opens.
- You can view any credits applied to your membership account in your FFC account history (link to login) the day after the credit is applied.
- If your membership is through a third party (e.g. your employer) the same terms as above apply.
How will my payments for in-club products and services be handled while the club is closed?
- For one-time events (e.g. indoor triathlon and specialty one-off classes), we will provide credits to impacted members for events that will not happen while the club is temporarily closed.
- For recurring services that have already been processed (e.g. training sessions, group training and spa services) we will extend expiration dates to allow ample time to receive services once we open.
- For recurring services that have not yet been processed, we will temporarily suspend recurring electronic fund transfers until your club opens.
- Premier members: If you have not used your Premier service during the month of March, you will have the option to reinstate that service at a prorated cost upon the reopening of the club.
How will my FFC Bucks and packages be treated?
- We will extend the expiration date of the FFC Bucks in your account prior to the date of club closure 30 days from the club opening date.
- We will extend the expiration date of any unused packages, gift cards, and the Earn Your Enrollment Fee Back programs from the date prior to the club closure to their equivalent total days from their original expiration date.
How will you communicate future updates?
- We will communicate updates concerning club closure by email and on this website. You may also receive notices through the FFC Member App. If you are a member and are not receiving emails, please let us know on the form here: ffc.com/contact-us.
How is FFC responding during this closure?
- Safety is one of our Core Values. Clean environments have always been the cornerstone of our operation.
- Prior to this temporarily club closure, we had a continued cleaning protocol in place using cleaning products found effective against viruses of the current type.
- During this temporary closure, we will intensify our cleaning measures, disinfecting the club.