18th Annual FFC Indoor Triathlon Series 2017
Fitness Formula Clubs is proud to present our 18th Annual Indoor Triathlon & Duathlon Series.
In 2017, our event offerings are expanding with more events and locations – JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST and stay tuned for more information! Enjoy a bigger race series with events for all ability levels, including:
- Indoor Triathlon (15min Swim, 20min Bike, 15min Run)
- Double Triathlon (two Indoor Triathlons back to back, with a short rest in between)
- Duathlon (15min Run, 20min Bike, 15min Run)
- Relay (two or three people completing one Indoor Triathlon)
- Sprint and Olympic Triathlon (optional event at FFC Lincoln Park only – use your own bike!)
- NEW! Draft-legal Sprint Triathlon (CompuTrainer event)
2017 Race Series (dates coming soon!):
FFC Lincoln Park – Draft Legal Sprint
FFC East Lakeview
FFC West Loop
FFC Oak Park
FFC Gold Coast
FFC Park Ridge
FFC Union Station
FFC Lincoln Park – Sprint & Olympic
New to Triathlon?
An Indoor Triathlon is a great way to experience a triathlon – without the intimidation. Registrants with no triathlon experience race alongside other first time participants and those intimidated by swimming can even race in a separate duathlon division.
Indoor Triathlon Training Programs!
Training programs are also available for beginners to learn to swim through the FFC Endurance Club Membership – TriMonster Unlimited. Join today and get a free Indoor Triathlon race entry!
Attend an info session to learn more:
- FFC Oak Park – Tuesday, December 8th @ 6:45pm in Cafe Lounge
- FFC West Loop – Tuesday, January 5th @ 7:30pm in Spin Studio
- FFC Lincoln Park – Monday, January 11th @ 6:30pm in Community Room
Indoor Triathlon specific classes will take place at the following locations:
- FFC Oak Park – starts Dec 29th
- Tuesdays 6:45pm – Pool Swim
- FFC Lincoln Park – starts Feb 2nd
- Tuesdays 7:15pm – Spin Bike / Treadmill Run
- Thursdays 6:00pm – Pool Swim
- FFC West Loop – starts Feb 2nd
- Tuesdays 6:30pm – Pool Swim
- Wednesdays 6:30pm – Spin Bike / Treadmill Run
The Indoor Triathlon Series is a great way to maintain your fitness level over the winter. Register for the series, compete against your friends, and prepare for upcoming season! Compete in a single triathlon, qualify for series awards (best three events), or step it up to complete “The Double” (two races in one day). You can even compete in a full Sprint or Olympic distance triathlon while riding from the comfort of your own bike in our unique CompuTrainer Endurance Training Studio!
What is an Indoor Triathlon?
An Indoor Triathlon consists of the three disciplines: swim, bike, run – in that order. The only difference from a standard outdoor event is that you are timed in each activity. Your recorded distances during the swim, bike, and run portions are calculated and combined to give you a final, total distance. Your race day will consist of the following (Duathlon competitors will complete an additional 15 minute run in place of the swim):
· Swim: 15 minutes (in pool)
· Transition 1: 10 minutes
· Bike: 20 minutes (on LifeFitness Lifecycles or Keiser M3 Indoor Cycles)
· Transition 2: 5 minutes
· Run: 15 minutes (on treadmill or track)
Chicago Indoor Triathlon Championship
After the last race of the series, awards will be distributed at a Post-Race Party to crown series champions as follows:
- Overall Series Champions – Male and Female (top 3 triathlon performances combined)
- Team Champions – Male, Female, Coed Teams (top single team performance)
- Relay Team Champions – Male, Female, Coed Teams (top single team performance)
- Triple-Double Series Champions – Male, Female (top 3 combined double performances)
- Duathlon Series Champions – Male, Female (top 2 combined duathlon performances)
- Sprint Champions – Male, Female (top CompuTrainer sprint distance performance)
- Olympic Champions – Male, Female (top CompuTrainer olympic distance performance)
FFC Lincoln Park – Jan 16, 2016
FFC West Loop – Jan 30, 2016
FFC Union Station – Feb 6, 2016
FFC Oak Park – Feb 20, 2016
FFC Gold Coast – Mar 5, 2016
FFC Lincoln Park – Mar 26, 2016
All participants will receive an FFC Indoor Triathlon & Duathlon Technical Shirt. One shirt per series. Register for additional events to receive additional swag!
Register for two races: receive a swim cap
Register for three races: receive a water bottle
Register for four (or more races): receive a sling bag
Before 12/1/15 – use discount code “givethanks” to save $10 (FFC Members race for only $30!)
Before 1/1/16 – use discount code “december” to save $5
$50 per triathlon or duathlon ($40 FFC Members)
$70 Sprint-distance triathlon ($60 FFC Members)
$80 Olympic-distance triathlon ($70 FFC Members)
$60 2-Person Triathlon Relay
$75 3-Person Triathlon Relay
$75 Double Race ($65 FFC Members)
$25 Youth Triathlon or Kids Splash & Dash
Race Day Information
- Waves begin every 25 minutes beginning at 8am with last wave typically around 12 noon
- There will be 4-8 participants per wave.
- Assigned wave start confirmation will be distributed one week prior to race day.
- Locker Rooms will be used for transition. You will be allotted 10 minutes for transition 1 (swim to bike) and 5 minutes for transition 2 (bike to run). It is recommended that you do not return to the locker room for T2 – if you are using different shoes for the bike and run, bring both shoes with you!
- Towels and lockers are provided. Please watch our instructional video on our Keyless Locker system to avoid any mishaps or delays on race day! FFC Keyless Lockers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG5RHpxM_iU
- Winners are determined by total distance covered in the indoor triathlon or duathlon.
- Sprint and Olympic Triathlon division winners are determined by finish time based on fully-timed Sprint or Olympic-distance with bike portion completed on a CompuTrainer using your own bike (rear wheel trainer skewer required)
- All races include 2 hours free parking. For parking details, visit: http://ffc.com/two-hour-free-parking/
- Complimentary use of health club facilities included before and after each race. Guests are welcome too!
Individual Race Winners (excludes Sprint and Olympic Triathlon):
Medals will be awarded to 1st place men and women in both “Beginner” and “Experienced” Categories within the following age groups:
15-19 20-24 25-29 30-34 35-39
40-44 45-49 50-54 55+
Athletes completing two triathlons in one day will qualify for an additional award. One male and female will be awarded at each event.
Team awards will only be provided at the end of the overall series. The overall male, female, and coed champions will be determined based on the combined performance of a team’s top 3 athlete performance from a single event. Three athletes required for a team. Coed teams must have a minimum of 1 female.
A team of 2 or 3 individuals can compete as a relay team. Each teammate completes at least one leg of a single triathlon (swim, bike, or run). Relay team awards will only be provided at the end of the overall series.
Medals will be awarded to the top male and female at each event. The Duathlon Series Champion will be awarded to the top male and female athlete with the top combined score of their best 2 duathlon performances across the series.
TriMonster® Triple Series Challenge
Register for at least three indoor triathlons as an individual and compete in the TriMonster® Triple Series Challenge. The top three overall male & female FFC Indoor Triathlon Series Champions (combined single division scores from three events) win a purse of FFC gift certificates.
- 1st Place: $100 FFC gift certificate
- 2nd Place: $50 FFC gift certificate
- 3rd Place: $25 FFC gift certificate
Sprint and Olympic Triathlon
FFC Lincoln Park will feature two additional events: fully timed, olympic-distance and sprint-distance indoor triathlons using your own bike at the FFC Endurance Training Center – the only CompuTrainer studio in Chicago capable of this unique event! Complete a full indoor olympic distance triathlon (1.5km swim, 40km bike, and 10km run) or sprint distance triathlon (.5 mile swim, 20km bike, and 5km run) and win free race entries into Leon’s Triathlon (www.leonstriathlon.com)! The top overall male & female from the Sprint Triathlon and Olympic Triathlon receive an entry into the 2015 Leon’s Triathlon (4 total entries available).
These events require bringing in your own road or triathlon bike (with minimum 80psi slick tires and rear wheel trainer skewer) to ride a simulated CompuTrainer virtual bike course of Leon’s Triathlon. For more information visit http://ffc.com/computrainer and please watch the instructional videos ahead of time to familiarize yourself with entering the building with your bike and how to set up and calibrate your bike on a CompuTrainer: http://ffc.com/instructional-videos/endurance-training/
Youth Triathlon and Splash & Dash
2016 UPDATE: Youth Races for 2016 will be announced as a separate event at a later date due to renovations at our FFC Gold Coast location. Children between the ages of 9-15 may compete in the open indoor triathlon events only if they are tall enough to ride on our stationary indoor bicycles – typically this means athletes must be at least 4’6″ tall.
Youth Splash and Dash: Kids between the ages of 7-15 can compete in the Splash & Dash event.
|Ages 7-8||Ages 9-10||Ages 11-12||Ages 13-15|
Contact: Chris Navin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Indoor Triathlon Training Program Information
FFC TriMonster® Indoor Triathlon Training Program
Make it your new year’s resolution to swim, bike, run, and have more fun in 2016! Join TriMonster®, Fitness Formula Club’s 100% intimidation-free triathlon training club and learn to improve your swim, bike, and run as you train toward FFC’s 16th Annual Indoor Triathlon Series. Meet and train alongside like-minded endurance athletes. Perfect for all experience levels. With 2 months of TriMonster Unlimited including two weekly workouts focused specifically on indoor triathlon training and support from USA Triathlon certified coaches, this 8-week training program is bound to show you why FFC was rated “Best Club to Train for a Triathlon” (Examiner)! Benefits FFC’s triathlon training charity partner TEAM TO END AIDS (T2).
- 2-months of TriMonster Unlimited “FFC ENDURANCE CLUB MEMBERSHIP” (ffc.com/endurance) February through March (unlimited computrainer, swim technique, track running, and performance center HIIT classes) – attend as many classes as you like!
- For a list of classes visit the TriMonster Class Calendar and Performance Center schedule
- 8-week training program with 2 weekly indoor triathlon focused workouts (1 swim and 1 bike/run “brick” workout)
- Race entry into one FFC Indoor Triathlon (excludes relay, sprint, and olympic distance events)
- Online Training Plan for the FFC Indoor Triathlon Series
- Coached by FFC’s USA Triathlon certified and experienced TriMonster® endurance coaching staff
- Discounts from local triathlon specific retailers and club sponsors including Rudy Project, Element Multisport, and more!
This program is included in TriMonster Unlimited – join the FFC Endurance Membership today at ffc.com/endurance – or contact email@example.com to sign up for the TriMonster Indoor Triathlon RacePack – benefitting TEAM TO END AIDS (T2) for $290.
FFC Indoor Triathlon & Duathlon Series 2016
Indoor Tri – FFC Lincoln Park #1 Results
Indoor Tri – FFC West Loop #2 Results
Indoor Tri – FFC Union Station #3 Results
Indoor Tri – FFC Oak Park #4 Results
FFC INDOOR TRI 2016 – GC16 Results
FFC INDOOR TRI 2016 – LP2-16 Results
– Overall Series (All Races, All Events)
– Lincoln Park Results 4/4/15 (Chicago Championship)
– Lincoln Park Results 3/7/15 (Sprint & Olympic)
– Lincoln Park Results 3/7/15 (Regular Tri)
– Gold Coast Results 2/28/15
– West Loop Results 2/21/15
– Union Station Results 2/7/15
No products found which match your selection.