New to Triathlon?
An Indoor Triathlon is a great way to experience a triathlon – without the intimidation. Registrants with no triathlon experience race alongside other first time participants and those intimidated by swimming can even race in a separate duathlon division.
Indoor Triathlon Training Programs!
Training programs are also available for beginners to learn to swim through the FFC Endurance Club Membership – TriMonster. Join the training program and get a free Indoor Triathlon race entry! For training program info sessions and start dates, please visit TriMonster Triathlon Training on facebook at facebook.com/TriMonsters/events
The Indoor Triathlon Series is a great way to maintain your fitness level over the winter. Register for the series, compete against your friends, and prepare for upcoming season! Compete in a single triathlon, qualify for series awards (best three events), or step it up to complete “The Double” (two races in one day). You can even compete in a full Sprint or Olympic distance triathlon while riding from the comfort of your own bike in our unique CompuTrainer Endurance Training Studio!
What is an Indoor Triathlon?
An Indoor Triathlon consists of the three disciplines: swim, bike, run – in that order. The only difference from a standard outdoor event is that you are timed in each activity. Your recorded distances during the swim, bike, and run portions are calculated and combined to give you a final, total distance. Your race day will follow the new 60-minute USATri60 event format:
- Swim: 10 minutes (in pool)
- Transition 1: 10 minutes
- Bike: 30 minutes (on Keiser M3 Indoor Cycles)
- Transition 2: 5 minutes
- Run: 20 minutes (on treadmill)
Chicago Indoor Triathlon Championship
After the last race of the series, awards will be distributed to crown series champions as follows:
- Overall Series Champions – Male and Female (top 3 triathlon performances combined)
- Team Champions – Male, Female, Coed Teams (top single team performance)
- Triple-Double Series Champions – Male, Female (top 3 combined double performances)
- Duathlon Series Champions – Male, Female (top duathlon performance)
- Sprint Champions – Male, Female (top CompuTrainer sprint distance performance)
- Draft-Legal Sprint Champions – Male, Female (top CompuTrainer draft-legal performance)
- Olympic Champions – Male, Female (top CompuTrainer olympic distance performance)
All participants will receive a t-shirt. One shirt per series. New in 2017, participants of the USATri60 events will also receive a USATri60 t-shirt, swim goggles, swim cap