An Indoor Triathlon consists of the three disciplines: swim, bike, run – in that order. The only difference from a standard outdoor event is that you are timed in each activity. Your recorded distances during the swim, bike, and run portions are calculated and combined to give you a final, total distance. Your race day will follow the new 60-minute event format:
- Swim: 10 minutes (in pool)
- Transition 1: 10 minutes
- Bike: 30 minutes (on Keiser M3 Indoor Cycles)
- Transition 2: 5 minutes
- Run: 20 minutes (on treadmill)
New to Triathlon?
An Indoor Triathlon is a great way to experience a triathlon – without the intimidation. Registrants with no triathlon experience race alongside other first time participants and those intimidated by swimming can even walk the swim as most of our pools are shallow enough to aqua-jog the entire swim! Participants can also complete in a no-swim “bike + run” duathlon!
2020 RACE SCHEDULE:
- Saturday, Feb 1: FFC Lincoln Park
- Saturday, Feb 8: FFC Elmhurst + Kids Tri
- Sunday, Feb 23: FFC Park Ridge + Kids Tri
- Saturday, Feb 29: FFC West Loop
- Saturday, Mar 21: FFC Gold Coast + Kids Tri
- Saturday, Mar 28: FFC Oak Park + Kids Tri
- Saturday, Apr 4: FFC Lincoln Park + TriMonster Sprint Tri
Indoor Triathlon Training Programs!
Training programs are also available for beginners to learn to swim through the FFC Endurance Club Membership – TriMonster. Join the training program and get a free Indoor Triathlon race entry! For training program info sessions and start dates, please visit TriMonster Triathlon Training on Facebook.
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
We’re always looking for race day volunteers. If you’re interested in helping out, please go to ffc.com/endurance-volunteer.
For photos from past events, please follow and check the TriMonster Triathlon Training facebook page at fb.com/trimonsters/photos.
For race results please visit tinyurl.com/indoortri-results.