This year our event series continues as part of USATri60! Enjoy a bigger race series with events for all ability levels, and the 60-minute USATri60 race format – click here learn more.
An Indoor Triathlon consists of the three disciplines: swim, bike, run – in that order. The only difference from a standard outdoor event is that you are timed in each activity. Your recorded distances during the swim, bike, and run portions are calculated and combined to give you a final, total distance. Your race day will follow the new 60-minute USATri60 event format:
- Swim: 10 minutes (in pool)
- Transition 1: 10 minutes
- Bike: 30 minutes (on Keiser M3 Indoor Cycles)
- Transition 2: 5 minutes
- Run: 20 minutes (on treadmill)
New to Triathlon?
An Indoor Triathlon is a great way to experience a triathlon – without the intimidation. Registrants with no triathlon experience race alongside other first time participants and those intimidated by swimming can even race in a separate duathlon event.
Indoor Triathlon Training Programs!
Training programs are also available for beginners to learn to swim through the FFC Endurance Club Membership – TriMonster. Join the training program and get a free Indoor Triathlon race entry! For training program info sessions and start dates, please visit TriMonster Triathlon Training on facebook.
NEW IN 2019!
WE’RE CELEBRATING 20 YEARS OF TRIATHLON LIKE NEVER BEFORE:
- Amazing Swag! All regular tri finishers receive t-shirt, swim goggles, swim cap, and medal! Compete in more races, and earn more swag!
- NEW CHALLENGES! Complete 3 races for the TriMonster Triple Challenge to compete for the overall series championship! Complete 4 or more races in the series to earn the Chicago 4-Star TriChallenge swag!
- Do the Double! Race in two races in one day to complete a “Double” triathlon, and complete three or more doubles across the series to compete for the “Triple Double” series championship!
- TEAM CUP CHALLENGE! Recruit your friends and teammates and compete alongside one another for the CHICAGO INDOOR TRIATHLON TEAM CUP! Championship trophies will be awarded for the top Male, Female, and Coed teams who compete in at least 3 USATri60 events and can include any combination of teammates with no limit – the more teammates on your team, the greater your odds of winning!
- Keiser Bikes! All events now feature Keiser Indoor Cycle Bikes w/ Power & Cadence!
- Championship Weekend! To celebrate 20 years, we will wrap up the series with a two day championship weekend, April 27 and 28. Compete in the final USATri60 event on Saturday to determine the series champions and race again on Sunday in a full Sprint Triathlon (bring your own bike) followed by a celebration awards party!
- IronMonster Challenge! Are you a crazy triathlete? Race 70.3 or 140.6 miles across the entire series and earn bonus “Chicago IronMonster” swag!
FFC Indoor Triathlon & Duathlon Series – Race Events:
- USATri60 Indoor Triathlon (10min Swim, 30min Bike, 20min Run)
- FFC Double Triathlon (two USATri60 events back to back, with a short rest in between)
- Du50 Duathlon (30min Bike, 20min Run)
- TriMonster Sprint (special event at FFC Lincoln Park only – using your own bike on CompuTrainers!)
2019 RACE SCHEDULE
- Feb 16 : FFC West Loop USATri60 (w/ Kids Tri)
- Feb 23 : FFC Oak Park USATri60 (w/ Kids Tri)
- Mar 16 : FFC Gold Coast USATri60 (w/ Kids Tri)
- Mar 23 : FFC East Lakeview USATri60
- Mar 30 : FFC Union Station USATri60
- Apr 13 : FFC Park Ridge USATri60 (w/ Kids Tri)
- Apr 27 : FFC Lincoln Park USATri60
- Apr 28 : FFC Lincoln Park (Sprint only) (no double)
- May 4: FFC South Loop (Duathlon only)
For recent race results, please visit: http://tinyurl.com/indoortri-results.
Interested in Volunteering?
We’re always looking for race day volunteers. If you’re interested in helping out, please go to ffc.com/endurance-volunteer.