Active Release Techniques (ART) can play a part in addressing overuse injuries. It has been a major presence in Ironman races for over 20 years. ART is a movement based/soft tissue technique that addresses problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves which are often a result of overuse. When tissue is subjected to acute conditions (pulls, tears, contusions) or an accumulation of small tears (micro-trauma), scar tissue can build up. This can lead to decreased flexibility, decreased strength as well as feeling pain and can lead to inefficiencies in movement patterns.
Stop by NovaCare and see how our specialty treatments can help keep you active and pain-free! If you are experiencing any of these issues or have sustained a recent injury, please see one of our clinicians for a complimentary injury screen during the times listed below and experience the power of physical therapy!
- FFC East Lakeview – August 17; 9:30 – 10:30 AM
- FFC Elmhurst – August 10; 8 – 10 AM
- FFC Boystown – August 15; 4 – 6 PM
- FFC Gold Coast – walk-ins welcome
- FFC Lincoln Park – walk-ins welcome
- FFC Oak Park – August 28; 4 – 6 PM
- FFC Park Ridge – walk-ins welcome
- FFC South Loop – walk-ins welcome
- FFC Union Station – August 20; 11:30 – 1 PM
- FFC West Loop – August 20; 4:15 – 5 PM