In October, NovaCare Rehabilitation celebrated National Physical Therapy Month (NPTM)! The focus of National Physical Therapy Month is on the risks of opioid use and how physical therapy can be a safe alternative for managing pain.
The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) wants you to #ChoosePT… and so do we! For the management of some types of pain, prescription opioids can certainly help. However, there is not enough evidence to support prolonged opioid use for chronic pain and side effects may include depression, overdose, addiction and withdrawal symptoms. To achieve pain-free movement for enhanced quality of life and independence, stop in to one of our Fitness Formula Club locations during the times listed below for a complimentary injury screen!
- FFC East Lakeview – Nov 16; 4 – 6 PM
- FFC Halsted Street – Nov 8; 4 – 6 PM
- FFC Lincoln Park – Nov 16; 5 – 7 PM
- FFC Oak Park – Nov 14; 5 – 7 PM
- FFC Park Ridge – Nov 7; 2 – 4 PM
- FFC South Loop – walk-ins welcome during regular business hours
- FFC Union Station – Nov 15; 12 – 1 PM
- FFC West Loop – Nov 14; 4:15 – 5 PM