Join us with MYZONE for the Mayzone Challenge! The Mayzone Challenge is a three-week competition focusing on different types of exercise to give an average workout program the kick and redirection it needs to start seeing significant gains. This program will allow you to have a better overall knowledge on how different heart rate zones affect your workouts. Specifically, through our Mayzone challenge, you will gain an understanding of how to target fat loss, overall weight loss, caloric expenditure, and how to increase your fitness levels.
- Sunday May 7 – Saturday May 13 – High Intensity (Red/Yellow Zones)
- Sunday May 14 – Saturday May 20 – Low Impact (Blue/Green Zones)
- Sunday May 21 – Saturday May 27 – High Intensity Interval Training (Red/Green Zones)
Prizes & Awards: Prizes and awards for this challenge will be awarded at the end of each week as each weekly challenge is its own separate competition. The prize of 1 free personal training session and 1 free smoothie will be awarded to winner at the end of that weekly challenge.
Red/Yellow Challenge (High Intensity): a type of strength training that focuses on performing quality weight training repetitions of max effort until muscular failure. High intensity training takes into account number of repetitions, the amount of weight, and the amount of time the muscle is exposed to tension.
- Maximizes the amount of muscle fiber recruitment
- Improves aerobic fitness levels
- Maximum caloric expenditure
- Aids in weight loss
- Improves overall muscular endurance
Blue/Green Challenge (Low Impact Fat Burn): low impact exercises are made up of movements that deliver less direct force to the body resulting in less muscular and joint stress (in most cases done for longer amounts of time). This type of workout proportionally burns more fat than carbohydrates as a fuel source as well.
- Additional Benefits
- Helps lower your LDL (cholesterol)
- Reduces hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Improves heart function
- Aids lung function
- Assists in healing and recovering damaged joints
- Aids weight loss
- Minimal stress to joints
Red/Green Challenge (High Intensity Interval Training): otherwise known as HIIT, ensures you get the maximum benefit of your workout in a shorter amount of time. This type of training uniquely preserves muscle growth and gain while also targeting fat loss.
- Builds endurance
- Burns fat and calories in shorter periods of time
- Effective energy use
- Boosts metabolism
- Continues to burn fat and calorie after workout is completed
- Minimal equipment necessary
- Targets fat loss and excludes muscle loss
- Heart health benefits