HOW TO MAXIMIZE YOUR MENTAL PERFORMANCE
Most days require us to be at the top of our A game mentally. Whether it’s writing the perfect maid of honor speech or preparing for a medical school exam, we need our focus to be at its peak.
Here’s how to get your head in the game…
- Treat yourself to a mini spa service. Spray on lavender aromatherapy body mist to relax.
- Get to bed before ten. Sufficient sleep will help you retain your thoughts.
- Start your morning w/ positive affirmations to set the tone for the day. My personal favorite: “A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset”.
- Walk it out. Go for a brisk 30-minute walk to get the blood flowing.
- Add-on a mug of hot water w/ fresh lemon alongside your usual AM coffee. Here’s why: water comprises >75% of our brain, making it essential for mental clarity.
- Hack your coffee. Add 1 tsp of cinnamon to enhance concentration + 1 tbsp of coconut oil to boost cognitive performance.
- Load up on omega-3’s to boost memory. Make smoked salmon + avocado sprouted toast. Studies have shown that 25 grams of protein is ideal for breakfast as it helps with production of dopamine, the “focus and productivity” neurotransmitter.
Blog courtesy of Fitness Formula Clubs Registered Dietitian Jessica Dogert RD, LDN, CPT. Contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org