Lincoln Park Renovation Update
FFC Lincoln Park will be beginning our home stretch of renovation work Monday, November 1. This includes the pool resurfacing, extending the upper level over the pool, expanding Group Exercise Studio 1 and creating the new Pilates studio in the expanded area on the upper level. Plus, work will begin on the new Kids Club, full service Spa and Community Room across the hall from our lobby area. To complete this renovation, the pool will be closed from early November – December 17, and parts of the upper level will be closed off temporarily. All FFC Lincoln Park members will have multi-club access during this time. Please go to ffc.com for more information on our other great locations. We’ll keep you posted on our progress, and should you have any questions, please contact General Manager Bob Dowdy at email@example.com.
The men’s and women’s locker room upgrade will begin Tuesday, September 7. Click here to access renovation details. Top to bottom improvements will include new tile throughout, new lighting, sleek new glass shower enclosures (no more shower curtains!) with rain-type shower heads, new full height shaker cherry wood daily changing lockers (no more padlocks!), new sink fixtures and new vanity stations with all new hair dryers…and yes, with longer cords. Click here to access the finishes we will be using in the new locker rooms, and throughout the club. The new locker rooms will include a limited number of rental storage lockers with the option of daily laundry service. To reserve one in advance in the location of your choice, click here to view the storage lockers available for rent at $9.95/month. Claim yours fast by dropping me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by member services soon – space is limited!
In June, the motorized shades were installed on the middle and upper floors of the west cardio area windows and a new Life Fitness pec/fly machine was added to our fitness floor.
We are on track to begin the men’s and women’s locker room upgrade either late this month or just after Labor Day, pending the arrival of materials. Top to bottom improvements will include new tile throughout, new lighting, sleek new glass shower enclosures (no more shower curtains!) with rain-type shower heads, new full height shaker cherry wood daily changing lockers (no more padlocks!), new sink fixtures and new vanity stations with all new hair dryers…and yes, with longer cords. The renovation will include a back-of-the-house update to the laundry facilities which will accommodate our new, bigger, eco-friendly towel service that will commence upon completion of the locker room renovation. The new locker rooms will include a limited number of rental storage lockers with the option of daily laundry service. To reserve one in advance in the location of your choice, contact General Manager Bob Dowdy at email@example.com or stop by member services soon – space is limited!
The expanded Kids Club and our new Spa Services, indoor tanning, member lounge, and Pilates studio are targeted for completion this fall.
All new furniture and beautiful landscaping has been added to our sundeck. Stay tuned for information on upcoming sundeck events happening this summer!
We are happy to report all April renovations are now complete. We upgraded the flooring, installed new personalized cardio viewing screens, complete with a dedicated Kid’s Club channel, and installed new flat screen TVs throughout the Club. Plus, the new Spin Studio is complete, featuring a massive 161″ video screen! We’ve also installed all new strength equipment and cardio equipment. Up next? All new sundeck furniture in early May, and coming this summer we move to the locker rooms: all new lockers and new tile finishes throughout.
We are pleased to announce that the new flooring and cardio personal viewing screen projects will complete in April. Please click here for the expected calendar of activity.
What you can expect:
- All flooring on the 4th and 5th floor will be upgraded.
- We’ve “gone green” with our new flooring:
- high quality, eco-friendly recycled rubber that is ‘FloorScore’ certified – meaning it is compliant with rigorous indoor air quality emission requirements
- the new floor material uses water-based polymers and avoids the use of heat in the process
- old flooring is being recycled, not taking up space in a landfill
- after it is laid, a water-based sealer is applied for ease of cleaning and long-lasting wear
- From April 12 – 30, you’ll have full access to seven (7) other FFC locations while this project is underway. Please go to www.ffc.com for more information:
- Virtually all cardio machines will be equipped with personal viewing screens, including a dedicated channel for Kid’s Club.
- All old televisions will be swapped out for new, high definition flat panel screens.
- The Spin Studio will be completed with the installation of the FFC Spin Theatre for viewing bike trips from around the world as you Spin!
As always, thank you for your patience through our improvement projects. We’ll keep you posted on our progress via email, at www.ffc.com and with in-club signage. Should you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Fitness Area Update
- New ceiling fans have been installed in the main and spin group exercise studios.
Group Fitness Area Update
- New motorized shades have been added along the south wall of windows of all three group exercise studios.
FFC is excited about all of the improvements and upgrades going on at FFC Lincoln Park. We want to thank our members for your patience during these projects, and promise that the end result will be well worth the minor inconveniences. We are working toward completing the renovation in late Fall of this year.
Overall Club Enhancements
- 2-hour FREE Parking is in effect
- The entire club has been repainted from top to bottom
- A new music system has been installed, eliminating the commercials
- We have upgraded the lighting in several sections of the Club
- Installation of an energy management and dehumidification system in the pool area has been completed
- New swim suit extractors have been installed in the locker rooms
- Various walls have been mirrored to enhance your workout form, including in the newly created Advanced Training Area on the upper level
- Complete renovation of the locker rooms, including brand new tiling throughout and all new lockers (padlocks required until completion), is coming this Spring / early Summer.
- A new and much larger Kids Club is coming later this year
- Creation of a new Pilates studio is planned for later this year
- Sundeck enhancements are also in the planning stages
- 29 new LifeFitness treadmills have been installed
- 12 new Precor cross training machines have been installed
- All upright and recumbent bikes were replaced
- 5 new Nautilus Stepmills have been installed
- New high definition LCD viewing screens will be added to virtually every cardiovascular piece, including a dedicated channel to view Kids Club activities during March and April. The outdated cardio theater system we inherited only works with analogue televisions, which are no longer in production. We have been replacing the old televisions with new high definition flat panel screens as they fail, but it is not possible to connect the audio. Until the LCD screen project is complete, only the few remaining old televisions will supply audio connection.
- New flooring in all cardio areas
- We removed a wall on the 4th floor to add space for the free weight area
- A complete new line of cable style Free Motion strength training has been installed
- All-new Iron Grip dumbbells and new racks have arrived
- All old Icarain strength machines were replaced with New Pro2 and Signature LifeFitness strength equipment, plus a new three column cable cross over unit
- All free weight benches have been replaced with the latest line of LifeFitness benches
- 2 LifeFitness Military Press Benches and a LifeFitness Dip/Chin-Up Station have been added
- We will be replacing our existing Icarian Leg Sled and Hack Squat with a new Cybex Leg Press and Hack Squat, plus we will be adding a new Cybex T-Bar
- On the 5th floor we will be replacing our existing Hammer Strength equipment with the new Hammer Strength MTS line
- New flooring in all strength areas
- Mirrors have been added to the advance training and boxing areas
- 48 new Startrac NXT spin bikes are now in use
- New dumbbells have arrived for the group exercise studios, along with new fitness accessories and new mats
- The wood floor in Studio 1 has been refinished
- New motorized shades will be added along the south wall of windows of all three group exercise studios in March
- Renovation of the Spin Studio, including the exclusive FFC Spin Theatre
- An all new storage system for the many accessories in the Mind-Body Studio on the upper level
- Expansion of Studio 1 later this year