2017 SPIN TO BREAK THE CYCLE
- 100 BIKES
- 500+ PARTICIPANTS & SPECTATORS
- 1 GOAL: CREATE STRONGER, SAFER, AND HEALTHIER COMMUNITIES
Daily, the presence and pressures of violence, divide, and poverty impact the health and wellness of our communities and our youth. The perceptions of what is possible are impacted by current circumstances. This does not need to be our city’s story, we are one Chicago and together we can break the cycle and invest in the future of Chicago’s youth – creating stronger, safer, and healthier communities.
With Spin to Break the Cycle, an hour spin workout can help ensure ALL of Chicago’s youth and ALL of Chicago’s communities have access to the power of sport and play – will you step up to the bike?
SUPPORT TEAM FFC!
- Click here to support FFC Team Jennifer
- Click here to support FFC Team Bill
- Click here to support FFC Community Champions
SPIN TO BREAK THE CYCLE EVENT OVERVIEW
Date: Saturday, April 8, 2017
Location: House of Blues Chicago (329 N. Dearborn St.)
Time: The first session arrives at 8 AM. A new session arrives every hour through 12 PM. The event ends at 3:00 PM.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED: JOIN FFC IN MAKING A DIFFERENCE
FFC will be hosting in-club fundraising classes to help raise money for Spin to Break the Cycle! These classes will be open to members and guests. Visit this page to RSVP for one (or BOTH) of the following classes!
Whether you are an avid cyclist or a first time rider, this event is a unique and inspiring way for you to get active in making a difference:
- Hundreds of riders taking over the House of Blues
- Top spin instructors to lead and encourage you
- DJ spinning a music mix sure to keep you inspired
- Rejuvenation area with free massage
- Post-Spin Reception with a complimentary drink, appetizer buffet, games, and more
- Free tech fabric event t-shirt and gift bag
- Fundraising rewards with the opportunity to earn airline certificates, sports tickets, and exclusive experiences
There are just 2 steps to join
1) Register to Spin: Choose to join the team and session of your favorite FFC instructor or choose one of the other sessions and join the FFC Community Champions Team!
- 8 AM: FFC Team Jennifer (Jennifer Dahl)
- 9 AM: FFC Team Bill (Bill Bower)
Can’t make it to one of those sessions? Choose any session and register as part of team FFC Community Champions.
>> As a partner, FFC offers our members $5 off the $25 registration fee with promo code FFC2017
2) Raise Money: Once you have completed the registration, you will be redirected to the fundraising site to set up your individual fundraising page under the FFC team of your choice (be sure to select your team from the drop down menu to join that team). As a part of the event, you are committing to raise a minimum of $250. It’s easier than you think, and World Sport Chicago provides you with tools, tips and support to help make your fundraising efforts successful.
It’s tax-deductible, plus the process is fast, easy, and secure! Every contribution goes a long way to help break the cycle to create a stronger, safer, and healthier Chicago. You can click below to donate to a specific team:
ABOUT THE IMPACT
Spin to Break the Cycle sponsors and participants take part in more than a memorable fitness event – they join together to make a difference:
Formed in 2007 as the living legacy of Chicago’s bid for the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games, World Sport Chicago has a deeply rooted understanding of the way sport and play can help meet the challenges our youth and communities face on a daily basis.
SPORT AND PLAY ARE:
Proven tools for the physical, cognitive, and social development of youth.
A catalyst for bringing people together, creating understanding, and promoting Civic Engagement (leadership, community surveillance, volunteerism, empowerment and ownership for their future).
At World Sport Chicago we see every child’s and every community’s potential and we have witnessed first-hand the way sport and play can help unlock that potential. In stepping up to the bike you are helping ensure ALL of Chicago’s youth and ALL of Chicago’s communities have access to the power of sport and play. We are stronger together and together we can make a difference.
For more information on World Sport Chicago and Spin to Break the Cycle visit http://www.spintobreakthecycle.org
Want to VOLUNTEER or have QUESTIONS?
World Sport Chicago is here to help. 312-861-4840 or firstname.lastname@example.org.