Fitness Formula Clubs and Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network are partnering to raise public awareness of organ and tissue donation. We set out to encourage people to register as organ and tissue donors through the network’s month-long Fit for Life Campaign, conducted throughout National Donate Life Month in April.
In late 2013, FFC named Gift of Hope its charity partner for FFC’s 2014 Year of Wellness Contest. That partnership continues during National Donate Life Month, as we work together to promote donation through special events and a series of donor registration drives at all nine FFC locations during April. (See schedule below.)
Our premier event will be held at FFC Union Station on Wednesday, April 16. Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White and the Jesse White Tumblers will be on location to show their support for organ and tissue donation, while showcasing their acrobatic prowess. Kidney transplant candidate and 2013 FFC Year of Wellness Contest winner Quinetta Taylor also will be on hand to share her personal story of donation and transplantation. Please join us for this special showcase event.
The schedule of donor registration drives being held at FFC locations can be found below. Make plans to stop by to register as a donor or show us that you’ve already registered and receive a complimentary gift.
- East Lakeview: Saturday, April 5, 8am – 12pm
- Old Town: Monday, April 7, 4:30 – 8pm
- West Loop: Wednesday, April 9, 10:30am – 1:30pm
- Lincoln Park: Tuesday, April 15, 4:30 – 8pm
- Union Station: Wednesday, April 16, 10:30am – 1:30pm
- South Loop: Saturday, April 19, 8am – 12pm
- Gold Coast: Monday, April 21, 4:30 – 8pm
- Oak Park: Wednesday, April 23, 7 – 10:30am
- Halsted: Tuesday, April 29, 4:30 – 8pm
For more information about the Fit for Life Campaign, e-mail Daniela Spaid, FFC’s Director of Marketing and Public Relations, or call her at 312-648-4666, ext. 229.