With summer coming to an end our schedules are filling up which can lead to added stress. Stress in life is inevitable, but how we handle stress can make a difference on the way it affects us. Besides the obvious benefits of exercise, such as improving our physical condition and fighting diseases; exercise can also help to keep our stress levels at bay. And while the negative impacts of stress are numerous, what many people don’t realize is the role that physical therapy can play in helping to eliminate the negative side effects of stress.
Many patients visit our centers as a result of the pain and dysfunction which results from stress. A common side effect of stress that many individuals experience is muscle tension, which can cause headaches, neck pain and back pain. Tension in muscles can also cause adhesions in muscle fibers which subsequently cause pain. When tension increases, it becomes difficult for fluid to follow through soft tissue and this creates a stiffness that many of us feel.
If you’re feeling pain from added stress please stop by our centers located within the Fitness Formula Clubs, or attend the scheduled injury screen times each month for a complimentary injury screen. Learn more ways to manage your stress here: http://bit.ly/2wuFznD.
- FFC East Lakeview – 9/14; 5 – 7 PM
- FFC Halsted Street – 9/13; 11 AM – 1 PM
- FFC Lincoln Park walk-ins welcome during normal clinic hours (Mon, Wed, Thurs 11:30 AM – 8 PM; Tues, Fri 7 AM – 3:30 PM)
- FFC Oak Park – 9/26; 5 – 7 PM
- FFC Park Ridge – 9/12; 2 – 4 PM
- FFC South Loop – walk-ins welcome during normal clinic hours
- FFC Union Station – 9/13; 12pm to 1pm.
- FFC West Loop – 9/12; 4:15pm-5:30pm